We are pleased to offer a new graduate scholarship opportunity for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Cook Family Graduate Scholarship - $10,000
Amount: $10,000 towards tuition cost incurred during the course of degree completion
The Cook Family Graduate Scholarship aims to provide financial support to students in the MA Classical Liberal Education and Leadership in the School of Civic and Economic Thought and Leadership.
The Donor requires all of the recipient(s) to be currently employed by one of the Great Hearts Academy's Arizona schools. This scholarship is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. The application deadline is July 1, 2021.
- Minimum GPA: 3.00
- Need-based: No
- Residency: Arizona resident
- Enrollment status: 3/4 time
- Academic level: Graduate
- Location: Tempe
- College: Liberal Arts and Sciences, The College of
- Field of study: Social Sciences, Other
- Additional criteria: Students need to be full-time or in at least 6 credit hours and enrolled in the MA Classical Liberal Education and Leadership.
Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities are required.
A 500-word essay regarding how the Classical Liberal Education and Leadership, MA will contribute to the quality of your teaching or employment at a Great Hearts Arizona Academy institution is also required.
The Donor requires all of the recipient(s) to be currently employed by one of the Great Hearts Academy's Arizona schools.
In the "Additional Documentation" section, please upload a copy of your unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
In the "Supplemental Essay" section please include a 500-word essay regarding how the Classical Liberal Education and Leadership, MA will contribute to the quality of your teaching or employment at a Great Hearts Arizona Academy institution.
Deadline: Thursday, July 01, 2021
Portal app: This scholarship is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. You will need to sign in to apply.
Student Success Award - Summer 2021
The School of Civic and Economic Thought and Leadership Student Success Award requires that you maintain good academic standing in the MCLE&L MA program. This award recognizes students who are achieving high standards of excellence within their discipline.
Amount of award: $1,000 for each three (3) credit CEL course enrolled in and up to a maximum of nine (9) CEL credits for a total of $3,000 for the summer, 2021 semester.
When: The application deadline is March 31, 2021, at midnight. Late submissions will not be accepted for consideration.
Who is eligible? New Classical Liberal Education and Leadership, MA students with the following terms of eligibility:
- Students who have been admitted into the SCETL Tempe campus Master of Arts in Classical Liberal Education and Leadership program.
- Must enroll for a minimum of 3 credit hours in the semester in which the fellowship is awarded. Students will qualify for a total of 9 credit hours during the current semester.
- Students should demonstrate academic excellence, research, and scholarly achievements.
- Award recipients are responsible for paying all tuition and fees.
- Past winners of this award are eligible for re-nomination if money is available for future semesters.
- Please be aware that the fellowship may affect a student's financial aid package. Students should contact Financial Aid and Scholarship Services for information specific to their account.
How to apply: Please complete the nomination packet and include the following materials:
- 1-page contextual statement: For this statement, please explain 1) your academic and/or career interests and goals; 2) your financial need for this fellowship and how this award would help you achieve your academic and/or career goals; 3) the frequency of interaction with your faculty mentor/advisor (both currently and after getting the fellowship) that would help you be on track of completing the degree requirements and making progress in the graduate program; Make sure your full name is on your contextual statement.
- Student CV or resume
Students who would like to be nominated must submit an electronic copy of the nomination packet to firstname.lastname@example.org by the indicated internal deadline. Please title the subject of that email: "The School of Civic and Economic Thought and Leadership Student Success."